KWK Architects, with Architecture Incorporated and Wachalski Advisory, worked with Dakota State University on a comprehensive medium- and long-term residential master plan.
The master plan consists of:
- Assessment of the existing housing portfolio in terms of deferred maintenance, accessibility, and programming amenities.
- Evaluating potential sites for short-term new development and long-term campus goals.
- Phasing of new housing and upgrades on Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior student residence halls.
- Evaluating the current demand and fiscal performance of the new residence hall.
- Pre-design, floor plans, and renderings of a potential new facility.
The team prepared and executed an aggressive working plan with a series of two-day meetings, focus groups, and targeted student online surveys to gather the information in a very short timeframe.